Cooking: Apple Crescents
Students follow recipe for apple crescents.
Students will practice their measuring skills, follow directions and practice practical application of those skills.
- sliced apples
- crescent rolls
- muffin pans and muffin liners
- tabletop cooking coil
- oven access
Divide students into groups of 3-4. Each student shall follow the recipe for
5-6 apples slices
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. butter
- Place butter in pan. Add cinnamon, sugar and apples. Stir while cooking
until apples appear tender.
- Unwrap crescent rolls. Place muffin liners in muffin pan.
- Place the crescent roll in muffin liner. Do not fold.
- Spoon apples into roll; then bring up crescent roll corners and crimp.
- Prick with fork twice. Cook in 300 degree oven for about 15 min. Check to
make sure the rolls don't get too brown.
- Remove from oven, cool and eat!
Students learn about fractions using different apple varieties.
Students learn about apples, then make a commercial.
Apple Facts - Student Created Bulletin Board
A bulletin board activity that shows what students know about apples.
Students will make graphs about apple preferences.
Students use letters to make words.
Johnny Appleseed Day Research Activity
Students research, then create a holiday for a special person.