Spanish Body Parts
K, 1-2, 3-5
Keri, Third Grade Teacher
Students will be taught a variety of vocabulary, including parts of the body and colors, in Spanish.
Students will be able to...:
- Reply when greeted by the teacher.
- Respond to classroom commands.
- Identify parts of the body.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of vocabulary for colors in Spanish.
- Copies of monster body
- Labels of body parts (cabeza, cuerpo, ojos, nariz, pies, orejas, and corazon)
- Visuals for introduction of colors
- Introduction- In a large group, teachers will explain to students the evening events, but include that at the end of the lesson, if time permits, they will review a game (but don't tell them what it's called).
- Children will be put into the same three groups as last week, and a review of greetings, body parts (using monster handout), and commands will be done.
- With the handout, teachers will show a word (add rodillas and corazon). Students will say the word and point to that part on the monster. If they are right, they will write the word beside that body part. Teacher will guide students with this activity. If time permits, go over song, "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" using new word, rodillas.
- After sufficient review, teachers will introduce colors (rojo, azul, amarillo, rosado, blanco, anaranjado, verde, negro, and marron) using visuals.
- Once small groups are finished with their work, group will be brought back together to play "Simon says..." or "Simon dice..." This will be a review using all of the things already learned.