Debbie Haren, Preschool Teacher
To learn about different types of weather.
- Blue Glue
- snow flakes made out of paper
- pieces of paper rolled up into a ball
- green and yellow construction paper
- The book needs to be stabled together for each child and the word name at the bottom of each title page.
Put together an example book with this set up:
Title page: My Rainbow Book
1st Page: Rainbow Rainbow what do you see?(top of page)
I see a thunderstorm coming at me(bottom of page)
2nd page: Thunder storm thunderstorm What do you see?(top)
I see clouds blowing by me.(bottom of page)
3rd Page: Clouds, Clouds what do you see? (top)
I see hail falling on me(bottom of page)
4th Page: Hail Hail What do you see(top)
I see a flower smiling at me(top)
Flower Flower what do you see?(bottom of page)
5th page: I see the sunshine warming me(top)
- Page 1: Use watercolors to make a rainbow on this page.
- Page 2: Use pieces of Aluminum foil to make thunder.
- Page 3: Use cotton for clouds on this page.
- Page 4: Roll up small pieces of white paper into small balls.
- Page 5: Use green construction paper for the leaves and yellow to make the top of the flower.
- Page 6: Use yellow construction paper and pipe cleaners for the sun rays.
Do this project in about three days. Try to do about 2 pages a day. The kids really enjoy doing this and taking it home and reading it to their parents!